At The Jewellery Workshop we offer a full valuation service using SafeGuard, the premier independent jewellery valuation service in the UK. Bring in your antique or inherited jewellery and we will arrange the rest. Each valuation comes with appropriate information, plus a valuation price. This is listed and presented within the SafeGuard package for you to keep.
1. Your jewellery will be sent by insured post to SafeGuard, located in Birmingham
2. Your jewellery will be photographed with a digital camera and the images will be stored onto their secure database along with your details.
3. The valuer will assess your jewellery item and record a description. Any distinguishing features will also be noted.
4. If your item is not hallmarked, acid tests will be carried out to determine the metal fineness of your jewellery item.
5. All the stones in your jewellery item are measured to calculate the estimated weight, this is recorded along with your details onto a secure database.
6. Your valuation document will be prepared at SafeGuard’s head office in Birmingham, and will be returned to us.